Monday, November 9, 2009

Chicken Stock


One of my favorite things about the cooler
weather, is that I can make & enjoy more soup.
Nothing better than big pot of chicken stock
simmering away on the stove, in my favorite green
Le Creuset pot. I almost always pick up a
roasted chicken when I go to Costco and the
leftover chicken & bones make great stock. I just
add whatever vegetables I have - usually carrots,
celery, onion, garlic, peppercorns, dill,
basil and this time I used the herbs from
my herb pot, oregano, thyme, & rosemary.
Put them all in the pot, and cover
with water. After it simmers on the stove
for several hours, I strain it, place in
containers to use or I freeze it. It will last
for months in the freezer and I can normally
make several pots of soup with each batch.
The homemade stock makes any soup taste so
much better than store bought.



No comments:

Post a Comment