Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October!

0
I am sooo glad October is here! Not only
because of Halloween - which I love, but
because it also means, after a long, hot summer,
the cool weather is almost here - yay!
I am tired of my summer recipes too. I am ready
to make big pots of soup & chili, pork roasts
with roasted winter vegetables and
pumpkin bread & muffins.
I am ready to eat outside and enjoy
some fresh, cool air too.
Oh boy, oh boy - I am ready for fall!
o
Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. solid pack pumpkin
1/3 C. vegetable oil
2 lrg. eggs
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 cup (plus 1 Tbl.) sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips
0
Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs & 1 1/4 cup sugar,
til smooth. In another bowl, whisk together flour,
baking powder, baking soda, salt and
pumpkin pie spice. Combine the pumpkin mixture
with the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
Add chocolate chips. Divide batter into muffin tins.
Mix the cinnamon with remaining 1 Tbl. of sugar
and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 until
puffed and golden. 25-30 min.
0
Enjoy with a cup of coffee, sitting outside,
in the nice, cool (hopefully...) weather.
o
o

No comments:

Post a Comment